The Learning Commons is open for limited study hours and services.
Students are welcome to enter for study and research purposes. Some services remain online only.
The Library, the Learning Resource Center, and the Writing Center will continue to offer online services. Please see the respective unit websites for service hours and details.
STUDY HOURS (as of 9/28/20)
9:00 am – 1:00 pm, Monday-Friday
- Access to the Learning Commons Main Floor. Seating is limited. Reservations are recommended.
- By appointment and drop-in services for the Library, the Learning Resource Center, and the Writing Center.
- General services include desktop computers, DMED workstations, printers, KIC scanner, individual study pods & study tables.
- To check on emergency long-term loan laptop availability, call 455-0210.
Note: Online service hours are also provided by the Library, the Learning Resource Center, and the Writing Center. Please see the respective unit websites for service hours and details.
ACCESS REQUIREMENTS (as of 9/28/20)
- Face mask – No exceptions
- Photo ID
- UH affiliation (student, faculty, or staff) – Guests, senior auditors, and the public will not be allowed entry
- Daily health check using LumiSight UH app or website
RULES (as of 9/28/20)
- Face mask to be worn at all times – No exceptions
- Social distancing
- Individual study only – No group study
- No food and drink allowed
- 2-hour time limit per day
- Self-cleaning of work and study spaces using available cleaning supplies
CLOSED (as of 9/28/20)
- Kapunawai Resource Room
- Group study rooms
- 3rd-floor book collections (book paging service available)
- 3rd-floor study spaces
- 3rd-floor instruction area
We welcome you back to the reconfigured Learning Commons and Library this Fall. The safety measures and practices we have implemented are intended to provide a safer environment for everyone. We look forward to seeing you soon!