It’s National Library Week!!!
Like many other libraries across the world, Leeward Library has adjusted our operations in response to COVID-19, but that doesn’t mean we’ve stopped connecting you to the resources you need to learn, enjoy, and ultimately succeed! For this year’s National Library Week, we celebrate by bringing you virtual experiences and digital resources that explore a wealth of knowledge across the globe. And the greatest part? You can enjoy it all from wherever you are. As the world transforms around us, remember that you will no doubt find your place at the library, even when you find the library at your place!
If you read our teaser post last week and saw nothing on our National Library Week page [New Window] . . . the page is now a-live! We’ve packed in quite a few activities, virtual and physical, you can do at home.
- Start off globe-trotting on our interactive world map [New Window] and when you have the time, you can:
- Explore local, mainland, and international sites
- View upcoming livestream concerts
- Enter the Hogwarts Digital Escape Room
- Bored in the house [New Window]? We have a few tips to battle boredom!
- April 22 is Earth Day [New Window]! Since Earth Day is during National Library Week this year, we are also celebrating Earth Week and will help promote UH Sustainability Office’s Earth Week Challenge [New Window] on Instagram.
- Stream popular movies from Leeward subscribed databases, such as Kanopy and Swank [New Window]!
- We have various e-Reading resources [New Window] for leisure or scholarship! Flip through trendy digital magazines on Flipster, browse articles from The New York Times newspaper, and more!
Learn about OverDrive and using the Libby App in the Using OverDrive tab [New Window].
OverDrive [New Window] is a digital (e-Book and audiobook) collection of general and popular nonfiction and fiction titles along with titles supporting select Leeward classes. We welcome any recommendations!
And finally, we have our Annual Library User Survey ! Please fill this out when you get the chance. Your feedback is important for improving our services.
If you have any questions or comments about National Library Week, please let us know!
~ An, Annemarie, Eileen, & Jason